Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Fantastic Guide to Learn About the Stars

I am very familiar with the many astronomy concepts of the Universe, but I know absolutely nothing about stargazing. I discovered a fantastic interactive guide, which will give anyone who goes through it a very basic understanding about watching the stars.

(This feature is intended for northern hemisphere skygazers)

Whenever I look up at the night sky (Chicago lights diminish the experience), I am always awed by the dim specks of light, and the infrequent visits of planets in my night sky. However, to actually understand what I am looking at, and how I can use the stars to my advantage is something I did not really know how to do.

By the end of the guide, you will be familiar with many different things, and will be able to identify:

  • 3 Constellations

  • 2 Stars

  • 1 (or more) planet

  • And the useful ability to use the stars as a natural compass

Visit the Night Sky Feature Here

This excellent feature allowed me to learn about the stars in such a simple way. I never thought understanding the stars could be such an easy experience. I give this feature five stars (no pun intended).

Original Article: From LifeHacker, From Hackszine

No comments: